This recipe is based on one from Clean Eating Magazine. I found it while scouting around for cooking inspiration. I made a few changes and this version is not only cheaper, but includes more of my favorite ingredients!
Ginger-Lime Kale and Sweet Potatoes
2 cups sweet potatoes, cubed
2 tbsp olive oil, divided
1 sweet onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1-2 tbsp ginger, chopped finely (or grated)
8 cups kale, washed and chopped
1 can chick peas, drained and rinsed
1 handful dried cranberries
Juice of one lime
Season with salt
1. Preheat the oven to 400. Chop your sweet potatoes and toss them in 1 tbsp olive oil. Spread on a cookie sheet and bake for 25 minutes, until tender and lightly browned.
2. While your taters are baking, heat the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil in a dutch oven over med-high heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes, or until translucent. Add garlic and ginger and cook for another 30 seconds (turn down the heat a bit).
3. Add kale and cover. Stir once it starts to wilt, turn temperature down to low and simmer for 10 minutes, stiring once or twice.
4. Add chickpeas and dried cranberries and cook until heated through. Now throw in your cooked sweet potatoes.
5. Stir together with the salt and lime juice and make sure everything is heated through. Now serve it up in huge mounds and consume! :)
Question of the Day:
Have you ever tried kale? Do you like greens?